Senior Development Director
Childrens Museum of Pittsburgh
The Senior Development Director is responsible for the overall coordination, development and operation of the Children’s Museum’s fundraising efforts to achieve the Museum’s mission. Leading a high powered team, the Senior Director will play a critical role as the museum maps its future as a creative learning institution. This position requires a demonstratedability to lead people and get results through others.
- Embraces the mission of the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.
- Have fundraising knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow-through” on tasks and goals.
- Position requires leadership skills exemplified by initiative and good communication skills, oral and written, within the museum, with Board members, and in the community
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Graduate degree or equivalent in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in professional fundraising including knowledge of Annual Giving, Capital Campaign, Foundation/ Corporate solicitations, Individual Giving, including Deferred Giving and Special Events
- Experience in not-for-profit arts organization preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- FBI fingerprint, PA Child Abuse (Act 33) and PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearances are required
Learn more and apply below.